My little girl is showing so many signs of growing up lately - both physically and psychologically. Over the weekend she was complaining about her leg hurting her. Very dramatically, she would limp around the house and rub the back of her calf. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what she had done to it. Then I talked to my best friend (who has 3 kids and is my parenting guru) and she told me it was growing pains. Growing pains! Who knew it was a real thing? Not me. Anyway, this must be what it was because she's also been eating me out of house and home. Normally she is the pickiest eater on earth, but lately she's been eating everything on her plate. Well, I should preface that by saying that I usually don't put things on her plate I know she won't eat because it results in a major whine fest. I know, bad mommy. But sometimes I'll do just about anything to avoid the whining.
Her new full size bed came in finally and DH and i set it up today. She's been sleeping in her crib with the rails off for almost a year now. I kept hoping we'd have another baby before we had to actually take the crib down, but shoot - I can't wait any longer! She's going to be so excited about her big girl bed. I got her some really cute mermaid bedding too. We haven't finished putting the bed frame on because the store delivered the wrong side rails, but you get the general idea:

And finally, last night my big girl "read" to me. Her favorite books right now are a series of Breyer horse books. She has them all memorized word for word. It's pretty amazing. Here is a clip of her reading from her favorite one - Snowflake:
4 comments:
I was a horsey girl so I understand her love of horse books. She is growing so nicely.
Loved the clip. Her little voice is so sweet. :) I remember growing pains VERY well. Ouch.
Oh man, she reminds me so much of my daughter. Such a fun age, she is precious!
I love, love, love the bedding! I'd been eyeing it for the girls room, also the shower curtain but decided it wasn't fair to Patrick to put mermaids in the bathroom.
Jenna is so sweet reading...be careful of that horse bug, hasn't left me yet!;)
Post a Comment