11 March 2008

Update #2

Saw the doctor, who basically said too early to say. I'm going back Thursday for more labs.

Early pregnancy diagnostics just plain suck if things are at all questionable. It's just too early to tell anything and doctors are never going to give any definitive information until they are 100% sure. Which I do understand completely, even though it sucks to be the patient. Waiting is the worst!

I did talk to the fertility doc also - he called me personally, for which I am so grateful. He said it's probably not going to be possible to do a hysteroscopy with a d&c if that's what is needed - because it's difficult to determine whether the tissue is pregnancy-related tissue or scar tissue. He said, however, that if the pregnancy ends up being ectopic and is treated with methotrexate, that it might be worthwhile to do a hysteroscopy again to just make sure everything looks normal.

So....for now we wait. I really hope this is all resolved before next week. It's Spring Break, Jenna's school is out, and we have an Easter trip planned to Minnesota.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging in here with you Maren, hoping for a miracle baby for you.

deschenj said...

Maren! Why can't anything be simple for you? I'm with MA on hoping beyond hope for a miracle, but I so understand your practicality too. Please keep us up to date and know that I am right here to support you. Minnesota huh? Hmmm... ;)

Cindy said...

I'm sorry that nothing is cut and dried yet about what's going on.((hug)) It's amazing that with all the technology advancements that nothing is still 100%...but it does leave room for hope.:) www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com has some hopeful stories.