18 May 2008

A Perfect Weekend

It's been one of those perfect Spring weekends that just don't last very long here in Kansas. It'll be 95 degrees before long, so to have 3 full days of sunny, 80 degree weather feels like heaven!

For the first time ever, Jenna spent the night away from home without mommy and daddy. Steve and I had tickets to see Wicked, so my friend Ann offered to have Jenna spend the night so that we could make a "date night" out of it. It was wonderful! Dinner at a great tapas restaurant in Kansas City, the show (which is awesome, btw!) and then we actually slept in until 9:30am this morning. I definitely haven't done that once in the last almost 4 years. Amazing! The only bummer was that Jenna seems to have a stomach bug. She threw up twice last night at Ann's house and has nasty diarrhea today. Poor Ann! There's just nothing worse than cleaning up throw up -- especially if it's not your kid....

And the other big news of the weekend is that my darling husband cut off all of his hair! Steve has had long hair for 15 years. I've never known him with short hair. He's been talking about getting it cut off and on for about 2 years now. and he just decided to go for it. He looks ADORABLE. I've always loved his long hair, but I think I might actually like the short hair better :) He has a 13-inch ponytail in a mailing envelope ready to send off to Locks of Love.

We're leaving for our annual Memorial Day weekend trip to Colorado on Thursday. I am really excited, as we always have a great time with BIL and his family. Although I'm sad that I will miss my online friend Melissa while she's in Joplin MO picking up her sweet baby boy Graydon. I am thinking of you Melissa and can't wait to see pictures!! Wish we could have connected this weekend.....

I'll close this picture perfect weekend post with a pic of Jenna yesterday as we headed out to a birthday party at the gymastics academy.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

Good for you!! I'm glad you had a good time! Sorry about Jenna getting sick, poor thing. I love the pic of her - she's so cute!

Cindy said...

It must be like having a brand new man, with your dh cutting all his hair off.;) Good news that your hcg level is going down. Jenna looks adorable in that picture!