Bikram Yoga!!
I've done lots of different yoga practice in my life at different times, but I'd never tried Bikram yoga until this morning. 90 minutes of yoga in a 105 degree sauna? Sounded like my worst nightmare. I generally do yoga as enjoyment, to meditate and relax. Not to sweat like a pig and wish I could stick my head in a refrigerator.
At least, I *thought* that was how I felt about Bikram yoga.
My dad won a "Taste of Lawrence" basket for me at my work's annual auction fundraiser in June, and it has all kinds of goodies in it. One of which was a 3-month unlimited membership to the Bikram Yoga studio here in town. I thought to myself, "ok, what the hell. It's free, might as well try it out."
I went this morning for the first time. The room at first is unbearable. I felt like I was going to pass out just sitting there waiting for the class to start. But amazingly enough, I was able to get through the class without having to leave the room. I even managed to do some version of most of the poses. I've never sweat so much, at one time and on purpose, in my entire life. It was exhilarating and (dare I say it) a little bit sensual. I can't wait to go back on Sunday!
My goal is to go at least 3 times per week for the next 3 months and see how I feel. Hopefully it will help me lose the 10 pounds or so I've gained from the evil birth control pills, tone up my very flabby abs and thighs, and keep my body feeling healthy and balanced.
YAY for Bikram Yoga!!
1 comment:
wow, that sounds pretty cool!
Post a Comment