22 September 2008

Too Much Knowledge

It's official. I have Too Much Information about my body. My relationship with my menstrual cycle is far too intimate.

I want to rewind the tape. Go back 5 years to the ignorant world I lived in for the first 15 years of my reproductive life where I had not the foggiest idea of when I was most fertile. When the words Egg White Cervical Mucus would have produced a very, very blank stare.

Seriously. I'm trying my darndest NOT to think about conception or baby-making sex or anything in vicinity of reproduction. I really am. But after you've spent the last 4+ years sticking your fingers in places they wouldn't normally go and then spreading them apart to determine the length and stretch of your egg white-like cervical mucus, you develop a certain uncanny and scarily-accurate knack for ovulation identification. At this point, all I have to do is wipe with toilet paper and I know, with 100% certainty, where I am in my cycle.

How do I erase this knowledge?? I *really* wish I could. It would make this "not trying" business so. much. easier.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

I'm sorry. I wish you could forget that knowledge too.

Heidi said...

Hugs! I'm sorry. It stinks! I found that after a few consecutive months of having absolutely no chance due to timing/protection, I started forgetting the tiniest bit. Now that we're back at it again, I am making those observations a lot more begrudgingly. I think either way you go it's a process. Hang in there! Oh - and no, I'm only on day 20ish, I think. I have another week or so before testing! :)