07 November 2008

I made it through the week

Somehow, it's Friday. I have no idea how that happened. I stumbled through this week in a complete fog. I can't really recall a single specific thing I did at work. I know this is all part of a normal grieving process - but I'm still very AWARE of the emptiness I feel.

J's teacher told me that she's been pretty sensitive this week -- needing lots of reassurance and hugs. I know my mood is affecting her. I see it happening, but I can't do anything about it quickly enough. We slept in this morning and went out out to breakfast together before I took her to school. She is such a dear sweet girl. I love her so much. Speaking of....I don't think I shared a pic of my little black kitty on Halloween:



I think daylight saving's time ending has also affected my mood. It always takes me a week or so to adjust to it being pitch black outside at 6pm. Jenna, too. She has gone to bed before 7pm twice this week - which is unheard of. I'm finally acclimating, and it's starting to feeling like the holiday season.

I am hosting 10 people at my house for Thanksgiving. Back in September, this sounded like a fabulous idea (mostly because it meant we wouldn't have to do the traveling for a change), but I'm starting to think I had lost my mind. Our house is pretty small, we only have one oven and one refrigerator/freezer, only have 4 dining room chairs, and at last count, only 9 forks in the silverware drawer. Obviously, I need to do some prepping. One of my SILs and my MIL are great organizers though, so I'm sure if I just asked for a bit of help, they would completely take over and I wouldn't have to do a thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so tough being the "whole mom" to our kids when we are being torn apart inside.

Is it possible to do a paper/plastic buffet?

d e v a n said...

I'm sure Thanksgiving will work out. Plasticware is a great option. Your kitty is adorable!