30 September 2009

Hmmmm

What's wrong with me lately? I am a pathetic blogger.

It's not that nothing is going on, or that I don't have things to blog about. I do. I have lots of thoughts each day after which I say to myself, "I need to write that down." And then before I can go do it, 3 days have gone by and I forgot what it was.

Here's a bullet list for the sake of keeping up:

*SIL's baby shower was a hit. I did good.

*SIL has asked me to come down and stay with them after baby E is born on October 29. I am honored and SO EXCITED to smell that newborn sweetness for a whole week! I'm sure it will prompt all kinds of crazy emotions afterward, but I'm still gonna do it. I'll deal with it.

*My baby girl can officially read. It is amazing to me. I need to get it on video.

*I had a really great conversation with J two nights ago about her desire to be a big sister. I know I've said this before, but I've been dreading these conversations for about 3 years now. I'm doing much better than I thought I would. I don't burst into tears, and I don't feel like the worst mother in the world. I think I've actually done a really good job of explaining it very matter-or-factly to her, and she's fine with it.

*How can it be October??? We are having simply gorgeous fall weather here in the midwest.

*I applied for a new job. Not because I'm unhappy with my current one - I love my job a lot. But it's a school social work job at my favorite high school, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to apply.

*MIL is staying with us all week. It is so wonderful. She is so wonderful. Why oh why do we live so far away from any of our family?

*I read a fabulous book called The Help. Check it out. She's a first time author and it's on the NYT Bestseller List!

*I did go talk to the foster-to-adopt social worker after our horrible awful embryo adoption appt. It wasn't quite as awful, but I didn't walk out the door wanting to sign up. In fact, she was almost discouraging me and kept saying things like, "Well you have your 5 year-old to think about..."

*I love having HBO for the first time in my life - but it does mean DH and I are watching a bit more TV than I'm used to. I can't seem to get to bed before 10pm, and that's pretty late for this ol' gal!

*Perhaps DH and I made a baby this month? Not likely, but a girl can always hope!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm with you on many, many of those counts. And I have to say I am oh so jealous of the newborn baby time you'll be getting! We'll be here for you when you get back!

d e v a n said...

It's good to hear from you! YAY on J reading!!

d e v a n said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Photogrl said...

I understand what you mean about having thoughts, but losing them before you get them out!

Yay for J reading! :)

And, mmm...newborn sweetness, I'm jealous.

Alana said...

--Good luck with the high school job...I know you had mentioned before that it would be great if you could have a work schedule more similar to Jenna's school schedule.

--Ahhh the newborn baby smell. Nothing like it!

--Bummer that the foster-to-adopt SW wasn't more positive. You'd think they'd WANT to get kids out of foster care and into loving homes. I don't understand why having a child already is perceived as a hindrance? Weird.