06 November 2009

Only Stories -- my essay collection

I've had this idea for awhile now that one day, I'll interview a whole bunch of folks who have only children, or are an only themselves, and write a collection of essays. I'll call it "Only Stories." I'll write it for me, for Jenna and for our family. I'll write it for all the other families of 3 out there in the world who sometimes feel "less than".

In doing a little google research today, and I found this little gem:

Positive Single Child Stories

I cried.

It is just what I needed today - CD2 of a picture perfect progesterone supported cycle that did not result in pregnancy. Did I expect it to? Actually yes, I really and truly did. I always do - despite the fact that the odds of that happening are about 2%. Crazy? Yes. Completely.

But I digress...

I'm working on a list of interview questions. If you're a mom of an only, or you are an only yourself, and you'd like to be interviewed, let me know. I can't guarantee anything -- like that I'll ever actually complete such a book or that, more importantly, anyone would ever find it publish-worthy -- but it might be a healing exercise to do regardless....

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I would be interviewed if you're taking people who are a family of three but still trying to be a family of four! ;) I'm excited to check out that link. Thanks for sharing! I'm sorry the last cycle didn't work. I didn't realize you were doing any sort of meds. I felt that way about my last cycle, too. I was just sure it was going to work and save us the drama of the ivf decision.

Alana said...

WAY cool---thanks for sharing the link. I'll definitely be reading up on the comments left regarding "only" children.

And I'm with Heidi--I'm willing to be interviewed if you don't mind taking into account that I don't want to be the mom of an "only."

Alana said...

WAY cool---thanks for sharing the link. I'll definitely be reading up on the comments left regarding "only" children.

And I'm with Heidi--I'm willing to be interviewed if you don't mind taking into account that I don't want to be the mom of an "only."