06 April 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(in honor one of DH's all-time favorite flicks)

The Good: Jenna has two loose teeth!! How can my baby be old enough for that?!?

The Bad: One of her permanent teeth has already completely come in behind the baby tooth. It's been this way for about a month now. It looks very odd - but I read that it's normal and often is called "sharks teeth."

The Ugly: We have to see the dentist on Thursday to have it pulled because her baby tooth is not much more loose than it was 4 weeks ago :( I've been wiggling it like crazy hoping it falls out on its own in the next two days.

*****************************

The Good: I have been running since January in preparation for my first half marathon. It is on April 25th. While running last night I realized how much my body has changed and how "ready" I am for the race. I am pretty excited!!

The Bad: My toe has been killing me lately when I run longer than 5 miles. It was unbearable on my 9 mile run last Saturday.

The Ugly: The pain in my toe is caused by a disgustingly nasty corn. It is so gross I can hardly look at it. I had to buy some corn pads at Walgreens and I felt like a 60 year-old woman.

*****************************

The Good: It's ovulation week in the Femara challenge. I'm in month #3.

The Bad: I'm leaving for DC on Friday to visit my sister and run a 10 mile race - it will be CD14. I'll be back Sunday, so it's not terrible timing like it was last month when DH was gone for a whole week, but I ovulate like clockwork on CD15, so we'll see...

The Ugly: On 5mg of Femara last month my 7dpo progesterone was pretty sad. I'm not sure the drug is helping at all since there has been no change in my luteal phase length and very little change in my progesterone levels as compared to a non-medicated cycle. But it helps psychologically, so I'm gonna do it for a couple more months just because I can, and because that's what you do when 5 years of infertility is closing in on your pretty darn quick.

***************************

The Good: Jenna is finally old enough to play fun, adult-ish games. (I do not categorize Candyland or Chutes and Ladders as "fun".) Our current favorites are Uno, SkipBo, and Ingenious. We have family game night most evenings after dinner, and it makes me happy.

The Bad: Jenna is a very, Very poor loser.

The Ugly: Tonight she lost all control as DH proceeding to beat us handily in SkipBo, hauled off and punched him in the arm. She was sent to bed at 7:00pm. I went up to check on her at 7:20pm and she was dead asleep. Poor girl. It's hard to be 5 sometimes!

*************************

The Good: In anticipation of our tax return, we bought a new mattress set and our first ever actual BED. By that I mean a headboard and all. It is so pretty! I feel like an actual adult! We also bought the Nikon 5000 SLR camera which I've been coveting for 2 years.

The Bad: Our tax return will not be deposited into our bank until next week.

The Ugly: Those items cost much, much more than our tax return.

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

I do not think CandyLand, Chutes and Ladders, and Don't Break the Ice are fun either.

Heidi said...

I SO agree on the games. The inventor should be sent to jail and forced to play them round the clock. I'm so glad to know we're not the only ones with a poor loser. Gabe has SUCH a hard time. If it looks like he might lose a game, he literally packs it up midstream. Not quite sure what to do about that!

Good luck with the Femara! I used Tamoxifen (which I think is similar to Femara) and found it so much more pleasant than Clomid. Will the start supplementing your progesterone at some point or are the just observing right now?

Alana said...

Yay you on prepping for a half-marathon! How wonderful! Sorry about the corn...yikes. Hope it is gone and/or less painful prior to your race.

Em does not have any loose teeth yet. But she didn't get her first tooth until she was nearly 14 months old, so maybe they'll fall out later?

Good luck with the Femara baby dancing!

YES! We've been playing Uno and Sorry at our house. I'm with you...I got really tired of the kiddy games. I don't know what Ingenious is and will have to check it out.