*I know, I know. The bullet posts are lame. But that's all the energy I can muster these days. I feel like my life has become a series of daily bullets. Doing the littlest amount possible to get done what needs to get done. Only a few more weeks until I start feeling better :)
*Jenna and her BFF are playing completely independently upstairs while I type this, and then have been doing so for over an hour. I never thought this day would come! (Granted, 50% of the time they are bickering at each other, but still....they don't come down and tattle on each other every 4 seconds anymore!)
*I am in a book rut. I need some suggestions. Anyone?
*Jenna's school has a Halloween parade. With rules. Montessorians love rules. The rules are that you must dress up as someone from history or a character from a book - but NOT a book that came from a movie first. These rules are seriously stressin' Jenna out. She cannot come up with anything suitable. Lately, every time I bring it up she clamps her hands over her ears and yells, "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HALLOWEEN!!" Poor girl!
*In 5 days I can stop my progesterone and estrogen shots. You have no idea how happy this makes me; unless, of course, you've also had the privilege of being injected with 2cc of thick oil in your arse for going on 8 weeks now. The needle is GIGANTIC. My hips are screaming at me!
*I had my first regular ob appt on Friday. I had been going to the same midwife and practice for over 10 years, but recently all the midwives left the practice. So, I decided to switch over to the local hospital practice. I had a pap there in January, but that's the only time I've been there. I don't love the practice, or my doctor, OR the local hospital. They have a standard "No VBAC" policy that I think is ridiculous (not necessarily the policy, but their reasons for it). I'm thinking about following my old midwife to her new practice in the big city 45 minutes away. If I actually get to the point in this pregnancy where a VBAC would be a possibility, I certainly want to be at a hospital that would allow me to give it a shot. Anyway, my appointment on Friday was fine - AND - I got a surprise treat when the nurse found the heartbeat with the doppler :)
*DH keeps telling me I don't look happy. I keep telling him that it's not that I'm not happy, it's that I feel like crap and there is still a small part of me that is reluctant to fully embrace all this. Old habits are hard to break!
6 comments:
Woot for the HB on the doppler!! My at home one is keeping me sane...
I hope everything continues to progress normally and that the next 5 days fly by :) I've heard those shots suck something awful.
Yay for dopplers and regular ob appointments and getting done with the shots!!!
My buns ache in sympathy. I remember rolling over those areas, feels like fire to the touch. Almost done, though, and your glutes can start healing.
Tell hubby that nobody can be emotionally balanced on 2cc progesterone per day. You are lucky to be together enough to make a few bullet points.
Glad to hear the girls are having fun. Yay for good news. Keep it coming!
ouchie on the shots! I'm sure you will be completely relieved to be done with those!!!
Thinking of you, glad to see you post! (Pippy Longstocking, just saying)
Congrats on 12 weeks!!!!!
Post a Comment