*I have been a cooking and baking fool. I've discovered a new cooking blog (HERE), I've been cooking Pioneer Woman recipes like mad, and I still frequent my favorite local cooking blog (HERE). I think about food a lot these days, so it helps to have some new recipes!
*I am dreading our third winter storm that is supposed to hit throughout the next two days. If we have any more snow days at school, it means we'll have to make them up at the end of the year -- which for me means more days that I have to take leave without pay.
*I have a sonogram on Thursday to determine my placenta position and the baby's position. I predict my placenta is fine and baby is still breech. This will mean tough decisions -- do I step up the acupuncture in hopes that baby turns and I can have a VBAC at the out-of-town hospital with my beloved midwife, or do I throw in the towel, conveniently schedule a c-section in late April with my very annoying doctor at my 5-minutes-from-home hospital? I think I could probably wait a little while longer before making a decision, but I don't like not knowing.
*I have grown this week! I'll post a picture as soon as I get them downloaded, but all of a sudden my belly is prominent! When men you hardly know start asking you when your baby is due, you know you've moved past the "questionably pregnant" stage.
*I've been thinking a lot lately about how this baby was created. Thinking about how I want to tell the baby, and Jenna, about it. Thinking about how much I will share with other people. Trying to anticipate all the times in which our decision to pursue embryo donation could be awkward or frustrating or judged. I feel 100% that this baby is a part of me, despite not having come from my egg or DH's sperm. Because I am pregnant, people will never assume any different unless I tell them. If I had adopted, I would have constant questions from the very beginning. Sometimes I don't know which one is harder. I don't want to have a "secret." I'm not ashamed or embarrassed, and I don't want my baby to be either. But I also don't want the fact of it's creation to define him or her. I'm sure I'll figure it out as we go. I hope I can continue to remain conscious about it, but in a peaceful way.
*We have GOT to bust a move on our home projects. I am dying to move Jenna to her new room and get the crib out. I had major insomnia in the middle of the night on Saturday and decided that the nursery theme will be birds, and then I found all kinds of super great things online! I want to get started!
My coffee cup is empty and it's time to get dressed for work! Happy Monday!
2 comments:
Happy Monday!!
I bake about once a week :) I need some sort of treat in the house. My belly pictures from 24 to 26 to 28 are crazy different (to me anyway)
Belly pic! I bet you look great!
I can't wait to see the nursery stuff you pick. :) I LOVE bird themes1
Post a Comment