23 January 2011

Morning

I love to have morning time just for myself.  During the week, I get up about 30 minutes earlier than necessary just so I can sit quietly in the stillness and enjoy my one cup of coffee.  It's harder to make myself do this on the weekends, but when I do I'm always glad I did.  Like this morning :) 

I woke up thinking about baby names.  We haven't come close to making any decisions yet, and I actually don't find myself thinking about it all that often.  I figure we'll work it out when the time comes.  We won't be sharing our name choices with family or friends ahead of time anyway, so no need to pre-plan too much.  However, when I opened my eyes this morning I had a baby girl name in my head that I hadn't yet considered, and think I really truly love. This statement alone means it's likely DH will veto it immediately -- we have pretty opposite tastes -- but this morning I am enjoying the image of a second little girl in our family named Amelia Carolyn.

The baby has been super active this week.  I wonder if it's related to the acupuncture I've gotten the last two weeks?  I can't tell if it is still breech or not.  We'll find out on February 3rd at my next ultrasound.  I think I'll be ok if it is, and probably just go ahead and schedule a c-section date.  I know it's still early and there's still lots of time for baby to turn, but I want to be mentally prepared ahead of time so I'm not disappointed.

On the Jenna front, yesterday while DH and I watched our beloved Jayhawks suffer their first loss of the season, my 6 year-old 1st grader read an entire chapter book.  84 pages long.  Cover to cover in 2 hours.  She was so proud of herself and I admit, my gushing praise might have been a lil' over the top.  I remember when Jenna was 3 thinking that I could not even fathom what it would be like for her to be able to read on her own.  And then BOOM, it happens!  I so hope my kids share my love of reading.   (Ack!  Did I really just say 'my kids'?  Am I actually going to have TWO?  Some days I still don't believe that.....)

Finally, we've been really enjoying all our snow -- and our snow days :)  Here are a few pics from one of our recent sledding adventures.  Jenna was so worried about me sledding with her...."Mom, are you SURE you won't hurt the baby in your tummy?"  God I love that girl!



2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the name!!! It sounds beautiful!

d e v a n said...

I love the name Amelia! we've been having lots of snow days too!!