11 January 2011

Snow Day #2

Like most of the country, we've been hit with snow, and I'm enjoying my first snow days as a school district employee who is officially allowed to stay home with their kid!  (Although I must say, one snow day is great, two in a row....going a little stir crazy!)  Yesterday we literally did not get out of our pjs all day long.  Today, I hope to get stuff done. 

DH and I said that we would start working on baby stuff after the new year.   This includes pretty much everything -- from starting the name discussions to figuring out where our new baby will room in our house.  The name discussion is not going well.  DH and I have pretty opposite tastes -- which I knew from our experience naming Jenna almost 7 years ago.  The boy name we had decided on last time doesn't work for me anymore, and Steve's ideas are, frankly, horrid. Just to give you an idea, his first choice is Frank.  Girl names are a tad bit easier, but Steve isn't sold on my first choice.  DH's mom had 3 boys and never got to use her girl name.  I want to use it.  I think it's lovely.  DH is possibly coming around.  We'll see.

Where to house this new baby is another large discussion we have begun to have.  The bottom line is, we need to move.  Our starter home we bought almost 10 years ago is just too small.  3 years ago, we purchased 10 acres of land that we plan to build on, but we don't know if we're quite ready financially to do that just yet.  Real estate is still a pretty sad story around here, and DH is worried about selling our current home - which we definitely need to do before we can start building.   We need to have a realtor come out and tell us what we need to do to get our house ready to sell and what we can hope to get for it.  Our  current goal is to put it on the market this spring, hope it sells relatively quickly, move into a rental home and begin the building process.  That plan sounds exhausting to me, but I am pretty motivated to move out of our current home, so I'm willing to proceed.

However, in the meantime, we need to set up a spot for baby #2 in our current home -- keeping in mind it is not uncommon for houses in our neighborhood to take at least a year to sell.  Our current bedroom situation consists of  2 rooms upstairs and one on the main floor.  Ours and Jenna's are upstairs, and the guest room/study is on the main floor.  Jenna is not too thrilled about moving downstairs, and I'm not too excited about having to stumble down 2 flights of stairs in the middle of the night to nurse the baby if we put the nursery down there.  (I'm not opposed to co-sleeping or having the baby room with us, but it just doesn't work for DH -- he gets no sleep at all and I do respect his need for it.).  Either way, we are losing our guest room.  This is problematic for us since we have no family around and have regular house guests who need a bed in which to sleep.  sigh.......what to do, what to do.

So, instead of thinking about all of that nonsense, I've decided to surf around for crib bedding instead :)  Here are some cute things I've found so far:




We had another ultrasound last week and although my placenta has moved up considerably, it is still pretty close to my cervix, so I get another peek next month.  Baby is breech right now too, which isn't too concerning yet - but does have me holding off on switching to my midwife's practice just yet.  No need to drive 45 minutes each way for appointments and a possible VBAC unless I know for sure it's going to be a possibility!   I am starting acupuncture again in hopes that all that moxa will help baby get into position.  I hadn't been going for the last couple of months and my appointment over the weekend was *heavenly*!!

Ok - Jenna is on her 3rd movie of the day and it's only 9:45am.  I better go parent my child a bit!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that last bedding picture! So unique!

d e v a n said...

Good luck on the house stuff! LOVE LOVE LOVE the last bedding!!!

JM said...

The bedding is lovely...and can't wait to hear what names you've settled on (after your LO arrives).

A reiki practitioner might also be able to help with the breech issue. I had been seeing a reiki master for a while during pg for other issues and she saw me during the initial stages of the induction with Naya. Naya was OP...not ideal and my reiki friend managed to get her to spin around to OA. My doula had never seen anything like it and was made a believer on the spot and then started calling my friend to attend births! I know breech is trickier to mitigate than OP to OA, but it has been done before too.

Anyway, that may be another option if you need it.

Alana said...

SO glad things continue to go well for you. YAY for snow days...one thing that I do miss from living in the mid-West.

The bedding sets you showed are super cute.

:)