17 August 2007

A little SATC insight

I don't think I've yet written about my Sex and the City passion. I love that show. I mean, I really love it. I started watching the DVDs just about 3 years ago right before Jenna was born. I got put on bedrest for a week or so and my sister-in-law Dee sent me the entire collection on DVD. I was instantly hooked. I couldn't get enough. I watched them literally non-stop until I was done with the entire series. I would watch them while nursing Jenna. She would sleep on my shoulder while I watched episode after episode. I was so sad when I finally reached the end of the series, so I started watching them again. See, it seems like the show is going to be all about sex and clothes and shoes. But, it's not at all. It's about women and it's about friendship. And for whatever reason, I really love it.

So I own Seasons 3 thru 6, and when I'm bored, depressed, tired or stressed, I watch Sex and the City. I've been watching Season 4 lately - which is the season where Charlotte is trying to get pregnant, and Miranda accidently gets pregnant. I remember when I watched this season for the first time - Jenna quiet nursing against my chest - and I cried. I cried for Miranda, having dealt with the unplanned pregnancy before. And I cried for Charlotte, because I knew what it felt like to be desperate for a baby. I still know what that feels like, even though I have a baby. Season 4 doesn't make me cry anymore, but it is still my favorite SATC season and I never get tired of watching it.

Anyway, I would like to report that it was once again laboratorily confirmed that Steve has marvelous sperm. Not only were his numbers great, they did a special 24 culture to make sure that the sperm will survive in the fertilization medium they use with IVF, and his guys passed with flying colors. This means no ICSI for us - woohoo! Even though I was expecting this, it is still good news worth mentioning. Oh - and we are both still HIV negative.

I got my box-o-drugs today. It was actually pretty small since I already had the stims. It was just the Lupron, doxycycline, Ovidrel and the 2 forms of progesterone - plus a bunch of needles. Only cost $100 - which is SOOO great! Some women pay close to $3000 for IVF drugs, so I feel very blessed to have been the beneficiary of free drugs. YAY! Maybe I'll be able to repay the favor someday to somebody else.....

Countdown to Lupron ---- 5 days.

No comments: