12 March 2008

Dream analysis

I love it when my dream life is in direct correlation with my waking life.

Last night I dreamt that I was flying to London with a whole group of my high school girlfriends. (Who are a constant fixture in my dreamlife and have been since high school). We all had our luggage ready and were waiting to board the plane. They started calling for boarding passes, and I suddenly realized my suitcase had gone missing. I couldn't find it anywhere. My friends and starting looking around for it, but soon it was time for them to board the plane. I panicked. I was frantically racing around the terminal but it was nowhere in sight. The gate attendant told me I would have to go ahead and board with out my suitcase and asked me for my drivers license. When I reached for my purse, it was gone too.

Sadly, i watched all my friends board the plane with their cute little suitcases and was so angry with myself that I couldn't get my act together enough to keep my luggage close by so it didn't get lost.

Just as the doors were closing, I suddenly realized that I had checked my suitcase! I went up to tell the attendant and she pulled out my purse from behind the desk - saying that someone had found it in the bathroom.

I woke up before I got on the plane, but remember feeling such a sense of relief and calmness that my bag was safe and sound, despite not being able to carry it on the plane like the rest of my friends.

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

Ack! SOrry you haven't been able to get any answers at the doctor. Interesting dream though. :)

deschenj said...

Thinking about you today, you probably won't get your labwork results until tomorrow though huh?