Every day human beings are faced with crisis, devastation, injustice, and horrific trauma. All over the world. It happens to everyone. At some point in the lives of everyone on earth, people are faced with challenges that seem insurmountable. I am certainly not alone. And every day, people keep living. It must be evolutionary - otherwise the human race would have been long extinct.
I feel I am a living, breathing example of this amazing capacity we all have to perservere. It's been exactly 7.5 hours since I got off the phone with the nurse, and already I feel like I've put the shovel down and quit digging my own grave long enough to at least take a breath or two and look around. I know there will be tough time ahead still, especially until the miscarriage is actually over, but I will survive. Just like everyone else before me and all those that will follow in my footsteps.
To make myself feel better, I invited Jenna's best bud Gabriella over after pre-school today and set up a big art station for them on the dining room table -- stickers, stamps, coloring books, glue sticks and any other art supply I could dig out. Currently they're playing "ballet" very happily in the playroom. There's just nothing like a little kid therapy to make anyone feel better!
Yes, I will survive.
3 comments:
One day your daughter will understand on a deep level what a special, wonderful woman you are. With pain and tears you are still a great mom. ((((hugs))))
Maren, you are a strong woman and a fabulous mother.
((hug)) Maren, you shouldn't have to evolve, so unfair. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment