The methotrexate seems to be working. My hcg today was 1600 down from 2800 last Tuesday. Now begins the weekly labs until it's down to 0. So....a long way to go yet. Last time I did this after my D&C, my hcg started at 710 and it took 6 weeks and one more methotrexate shot to get it back down to 0. So I'm anticipating a long haul before this is all over. Then I'll probably get another HSG just to make sure my tubes are indeed ok and there is nothing left inside my uterus. I know that surgery would have been the easy answer, but after hearing a story on the radio over the weekend about a woman in London who went in for leg surgery and came out with a new anal sphincter muscle (I am not kidding!) by accident, I am VERY glad to be avoiding the hospital!! Even if it does take longer...
It's so strange to be hoping my hcg is zero. I should be thrilled with an hcg of 1600. Oh, if only the world made sense and things were that easy!
Lots of snow up north for our Easter weekend - 8 inches at my dad's house. It felt like Christmas not Easter!! I'll post some pics of our egg dyeing party soon :)
4 comments:
Man, can I empathize with the OB practice situation. I hope the methotrexate works a bit quicker this time.(hug)
Welcome back Maren, I hope you enjoyed our snow ;) I hope this time the methotrexate works better than last time.
Wow - lots of snow. I hope your trip was great.
I'm glad the medicine is working and hopefully you'll be down to 0 soon!
Sorry about your doc. I'm glad to hear that your numbers are coming down now. Hugs to you.
Post a Comment