27 May 2008

Anyone seen my period?

I can't believe she's not here! I thought for sure I ovulated last Friday/Saturday, which means she should have arrived over the weekend. My breasts are sore, I feel grouchy and irritable, I have a major sweet tooth -- all signs which point to imminent arrival of AF -- and still she evades me. I don't understand it. I have to go in for more blood tomorrow and if I still had any humor left in me about this situation, I would laugh about the fact that it better be below 5 by now -- but I don't. I'm ready to MOVE ON. My birth control pills have been sitting in my medicine basket for 2 months now and the more time goes by, the less I want to start them. I know I should, mentally and physically I definitely do need the break, but I'm losing my will power as each day goes by. The familiar TTC thoughts start entering my head, slowly but surely, and I'm tempted to throw the pills in the trash can.

ANYWAY, we had a fabulous weekend in Colorado visiting BIL and his family. We drove up to the mountains for night and stayed in a little cabin in Estes Park. Beautiful weather! And such fun to see the cousins play together. I'll try to post some pics soon.

3 comments:

deschenj said...

We vacationed there a few years ago, loved Rocky Mountain NP! I hope that either AF shows up like it should or you are pregnant with a sticky baby. I know what your going through with BCP, it has been so long now that you have healed some so the urgency is not as great. Wishing you lots of peace as you wait it out ((hugs))

Cindy said...

Maybe you're the one who needs to take a test!;)

Can't wait to see pictures from your trip, sounds like it was fun.

d e v a n said...

Lots of patience for AF! Sorry she's left you hanging. Let us know how the test goes.
I'm glad you had a good trip!