Today was bittersweet in so many ways.
I organized a neighborhood garage sale with my friends down the street. They had a ton of baby stuff to sell, and I decided to bite the bullet and sell all my stuff too. I had packed everything up very neatly and tidily two years ago, thinking that I'd be getting it all back out to use again in a year or two. Since that hasn't happened, and since I love to shop anyway, I decided to just get rid of it all and buy more if and when we ever need it again.
I had been bracing myself all week for the onslaught of pregnant women and babies I knew would come to the sale since we were selling so much baby stuff (just to give you an idea, between the three of us we had 4 walkers, 3 exersaucers, 3 high chairs, 5 booster seats, and at least one of every single kind baby item a new mom could possibly want). I am proud of how well I did emotionally. I had actually had fun talking to all the new and expecting moms about all things baby. It reminded me of how very grateful I am to have experienced the excitement of expecting your first child. There is just nothing like it in the world.
AND -- the two best parts of the sale:
1) We made almost $450!!
2) I met several new neighbors who have young children. I really love my street!
3 comments:
My heart is with you, M.
I'm glad the sale went well! That must have been hard for you, you did great.
Hope that all goes well today at the drs and that your beta is below 5.
Post a Comment