06 July 2008

Did someone blog tantrum??

A week or so ago one of my fellow bloggers - too lazy to go research who it was - blogged about mommy tantrums. Apparently I have caught the virus. I have been a witch with a capital "B" for the past week and I just can't seem to shake it. I can think of a number of causes off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1) I quit my Zoloft cold turkey about 10 days ago. Why? I have no idea. I think it was working. I forgot to take it for 2 days in a row and just decided to quit. Bad idea, perhaps?

2) I am loathing OrthoTriCyclen. I feel pregnant, but obviously am not. My breasts are swollen and so. so. sore. I am eating everything in sight. I am exhausted all the time. I have a very, very short fuse. Oh, and my face looks like a teenager. I am soooo done with hormonal birth control. I contemplated just quitting the pack in the middle of cycle, but don't want to mess things up more than necessary. So, 13 more days of pills....

3) We spent the weekend in Oklahoma City where it was 98 degrees with 100% humidity. And the mosquitos were ferocious. The weekend was fun, but I'm tired of being outside in the heat.

4) 4 hours in the car with an extremely tired and very bored almost-4 year old.

Lest I blog only about the negatives (which is easy to do), I will say that I read a fantastic book in the car on the way down to OKC. (Yes, I read it in 4 hours.) I'm a bit behind the times, and I'm sure many of you have already read Stephenie Meyer, but I'm now officially in LOVE with her and her first novel, Twilight. I can't wait to pick up New Moon tomorrow. Who knew teenage vampires were so hot?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs, hon. (((())))

d e v a n said...

Yeah, that was me. lol
SOrry for the tough time. ((hug))
I keep hearing about these books. I might need to pick some up...

Cindy said...

That's why I'm refusing to take the pill and leaving the birth control to dh. I'll have to check out the Meyer books...there's a series by ummm, I think it's Laurell Kendall??? that's pretty good. The books further into the series heat up quite a bit though.

mom2themoose said...

My sister and I are positively obsessed with the Twilight series - to the point that we planned her visit this summer around the BD release. We're actually going to the midnight party. Sad, I know...

I miss you on MZ. I totally understand your reaction to the BCP. I nearly threw DH out of the house over something silly when I tried them after losing the twins. I hope the coming days pass quickly until you're done with them.
Hugs,
Melissa