So I talked to my midwife. She was great, as I knew she would be. She said basically once spotting starts, there needs to be some kind of intervention before 8 weeks - because if it's ectopic, it will usually rupture around that time, which is life threatening. Spotting is a symptom of ectopic pregnancy. And there is some chance that my last miscarriage was ectopic - we never did know for sure, so she said she needs to be especially cautious. So - she said I could do two things:
1- come in for labs today and Wednesday, and depending on the result of those, schedule an u/s for late next week.
2 - Do nothing right now and hold off until the ultrasound late next week.
Steve thinks I should hold off until the ultrasound, but I don't think I can stomach it. I'm gonna go get the labs gone. At least that way I'll know something fairly definitive by Wednesday. Either the numbers will look good or they won't.
I'm mad at myself! I said I would never do this early stuff again! It's insanity.
The spotting has tapered off a bit, but is still there. I, on the other hand, am officially losing my mind. And probably will continue to do so slowly until Thursday morning when the lab results are back.
No comments:
Post a Comment