Here are some numbers:
Monday: HCG=31,000 P4=31
Wednesday: HCG=44,000 P4 = 31
So now I'm back to feeling mostly pessimistic, with just a faint glimmer of hope. Also explains why I feel so icky, as those are some high quants!
The nurse said they don't expect hcg to double as quickly as it does in very early pregnancy once the numbers get to be so high - so it isn't *necessarily* a bad thing that they didn't double in 48 hours. I didn't believe her - but then I just found this online:
During the huge majority of early pregnancies (80-90%), the level will double every couple of days, or 72 hours. As your pregnancy progresses, levels rise and that doubling time increases. The expected doubling time for HCG levels:
• Under 1200 mIU/ml: 48-72 hours.
• Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml: 72-96 hours.
• Over 6000 mIU/ml: more than 96 hours
I'm scheduled for a sonogram at 1:30pm on Monday and then I'll see my midwife after that. I could have gone in tomorrow, but I Despise the doctor in the office on Fridays, so what's an extra couple of days?
My spotting has perhaps tapered off a smidge, but it still present and accounted for. I should feel good about that, right? I also should feel good about the increasing pregnancy symptoms that are appearing, and the fact that the smell of Jenna's frozen pancakes about sent me to the toilet this morning.
Thanks for hanging in there with me. What would I do without my online friends?!?
3 comments:
Maren, those are good betas. Hang in there until Monday, only four more days to go. I think things are going to be okay. I'm always here if you need to de-stress! Chin up hun, you've had a really hard road. Thinking of you.
-J
Maren - Those are really good numbers. I can completely understand your pessimism, but remember to leave a little room for miracles - they can happen to you! I am thinking of you all the time.
The beta sounds really good. I think it is OK that it slows down doubling around now. I think the betas only go as high as 150K to 200K eventually anyway, so the doubling has to stop/slow. The ultrasound will tell the story from here on in. Yes, wait for the ultrasound tech you like. It can make all the difference in the world having someone with good skills.
Post a Comment