01 December 2008

Just when you think you've been through it all...

.....you hear about someone who's been through more:

This article is pretty amazing.

My dad sent it to me and then called me to ask me if I'd ever heard of gestational surrogacy. Ummmm....yes dad, I have. I've been considering it for oh, the past 2 years now. I have a friend who is DYING to be a surrogate for someone and everytime I see her she asks me if I'm ready for her to "host" my baby yet.

Could someone get my husband on board please?

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

I hope things work out and that you can get him on board, if that's what you guys want. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

My husband and I considered this option as well. It is expensive. Unless you can find a friend who is willing. Fuschia on ff/the Den did it and now has her boy/girl twins. It was a family friend who carried her babies. This is one reason you are lucky to be young. You will stim up much better than a mid-40s woman like myself. GL with your DH. If cost is an issue, maybe the grandparents might want to help out. After all, they have a "stake" in this too. I know I'd kick in if my kids needed help of this nature.

deschenj said...

M, what a long journey you have been on. I hope you have a wonderful holidays and that the new year brings lots of peace and good fortune! Thinking of you ((hugs))