05 February 2009

This darn body

That stupid Vitex has wreaked havoc with my body these past 3 weeks. Spotting one day, full-on bleeding the next, then nothing for a few days, then the cycle repeats. I wake up today with nothing and by noon I've ruined my underwear with blood that has of course now completely stopped again. What a mess. I've spent more money in pads and tampons in the past 3 weeks than I usually do in 6 months. I'm starting to wonder if it's not the vitex, but I know I just need to be patient and give it a few more weeks. I think even my wonderfully understanding midwife might roll her eyes at me if I showed up there right now.

Fortunately I'm headed to the airport for 5 days of girly fun with my beautiful sister in DC. I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

What a pain! I hope you have a blast in DC!

Cindy said...

Have a great time in DC with your sister!

Alana said...

Hi. I'm a first time reader. I found your blog when seeking out others who are also experiencing secondary infertility. Like you, I have a 4 year old and we have been hoping to become a family of four for 3+ years now. In addition, I had a miscarriage in January (my first, and I pray last!)

I am drawn to you by our other similarities: I was born and raised in the midwest (Ohio,) I have a degree in social work (though I've been a teacher for 6 years now,) and I have a beautiful blonde 4 year old daughter whom I am looooonging to create a sibling for. Sighs.

I will be checking back in with your blog. It is comforting to have someone else out there who understands much of what I'm going through.

(Sorry for the long comment!!) :)