11 March 2009

Still Sick!

You know your 4 year-old consistently early riser is sick when she is still dead asleep at 9AM! This girl is always up between 6-7am. I don't think she's ever slept this late. I just went upstairs to make sure she was breathing :) Poor girl. She's pretty pitiful.

On another subject, let's discuss dreams. Does anyone else have recurring dreams? I do. I have an active dream life and have kept a dream journal off and on since I was a teenager. For a few years, I was pretty good lucid dreamer - but I haven't been practicing as of late.

My recurrent dream is a fairly common one. It's always in the dream books and always has the same meanings about fear, control, and loss.

I dream that my teeth are falling out. Or, more accurately for me, my teeth crumble away in my mouth. In a typical dream, my teeth start crumbling and falling out, I hold them in my hand and frantically try to find a dentist or doctor that will help me, but never can find out quick enough. I always wake up before I figure out how to fix my teeth. The feelings associated with this dream, for me, are always embarrassment, fear, panic, and shame.

I had the teeth dream last night. I haven't had one in several years. I had them regularly when I was pregnant with Jenna, but since then I think I've only had two of three of them. In my dream last night, first one of my teeth cracked in half and then the one next to it fell out. I went to a dentist, an oral surgeon and a chiropractor (??), and all of them just referred me to someone else to fix my teeth. Then, as I was leaving one of the offices, the doctor came onto me on the elevator. It doesn't take a dream analyst.....clearly I feel vulnerable around doctors!

3 comments:

Photogrl said...

Hope the little one perks up soon!

I don't have many recurring dreams, whether that is good or bad, I don't know.

Alana said...

1. I love the new layout!

2. Hope Jenna feels better soon!

3. I have had teeth-falling-out dreams a few times. Usually ALL of my teeth fall out and no one will make me dentures. (Does that mean I'm nuts??) :) Sometimes I also dream about my first serious boyfriend...whom I haven't seen in 12+ years. (NOT sexual dreams! Just glad-to-see-you-old-friend dreams.)

4. I think you're right about the "vulnerable around doctors."

5. Sorry for the long comment. :)

Tracy said...

ugh, I hate teeth dreams! I have them a lot!