26 June 2009

Michael Jackson memories

I have been thinking a lot about the impact Michael Jackson had on my life since his tragic death yesterday. I am a product of the 80s. I had a Thriller LP and use to dance around in my basement with my friends and kiss the record cover over and over. I watched his MTV videos for hours - back when MTV was actually music videos.

When We Are the World came out in 1985, I was 8 and just really starting to get into music. My dad loved that song, and we played it over and over and over. Here's a great YouTube video of it, if you're like me and it brings back major childhood memories!

1 comment:

Alana said...

I was sooooo excited when my sister outgrew her "Thriller" t-shirt and it was passed down to me. :)

I too would dance and sing to Michael's albums in my basement. I LOVED "Beat It" and many others.

Ode to the memories...his impact on the music industry cannot be denied.