12 April 2010

Feel Better Day

I played hooky from work today. I woke up feeling totally sorry for myself for a whole host of fertility-related reasons that I started to post about and then decided that I'd written that same post about 50 times before, and it didn't make me feel any better any of those times so why should I expect any different today? And, since I went through the effort of taking this glorious spring day off and I have the entire house to myself until 3:30pm, I should do things that make me Feel Better.

Agreed?

So, it's 10:56am and these things make me feel better:

1) SPRING BLOOMS

This is the view of my backyard right now:





2) BEING MISSED

I went to DC over the weekend to visit my sis and run in the DC Cherry Blossom 10 mile race. It was AWESOME. 25,000 runners. Gorgeous spring weather, though the cherry blossoms were early this year so most of the trees were already done blooming. I ran 10 miles in 1 hour 36 minutes, which is a 9:40 mile average. I felt like I could have pushed it 3 more miles if I had to, which is good news since my half marathon is in 2 weeks and I'll have to do exactly that.

When I got home last night, J and DH had a present for me. This was the card Jenna made. In case you are not fluent in kindergarten phonics, it says "Mommy, we can't wait until you get home."



3) NO TRAINING WHEELS

J has been working diligently on riding her bike sans training wheels. In 2 weeks she's gone from screaming bloody murder at the mere thought of taking them off, to riding circles around me at the park last night. This is a big event in childhood. One that most of us remember for the rest of our lives. It makes me so proud to see my confident little girl passing all these milestones with success and happiness. What more could I want for her?



Feeling Better already!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

:)

Alana said...

What a way to focus on the positives!

I especially love the note from Jenna---too cute! :)