Once again, I can now hit the 'play' button on my life that is has been on pause for the last 3 weeks.
My breast ultrasound this morning went well on two accounts. One, I was validated in that there was indeed something there, though the surgeon couldn't feel anything with her manual exam just as my obgyn didn't feel anything on Monday. Secondly, and most importantly, it was another simple cyst. Possibly the same one that was identified in September 2009, as it was in almost the exact same spot. The surgeon drained it and said the fluid looked normal. She saw another small cyst as well, but that one was too small to drain and looked normal. She wants to see me back in 3 months for a follow-up, as sometimes cysts keep coming back and need to be surgically removed. Not because they are cancerous, but because they are painful and cause unnecessary worry. (who me? Nah!)
On to action step #2 -- which I'm sure will take much, much longer and won't involve the immediate gratification that I experienced with action step #1.
Want to hear something scary? My blood pressure before the u/s was 140/100! I half-joked with the nurse that I was probably going to have a stroke before anything was ever wrong with my breast! Good Grief!
5 comments:
glad to hear that it was just a cyst!
That is good news.
well, see, you know your body well. You were right and I'm glad it was just a cyst. :)
Just reading your last two posts... I identify very much with fears of death. For me, those fears are one of the biggest signals to me that I'm starting to get more depressed/anxious than what I can handle on my own. Really, I start obsessing over them. Acupuncture has helped tremendously with this, and medication has helped, as well. I hope you have the same experience and that your counseling gives you some instant relief, also. Glad your ultrasound went well!
Just wanted to show you some support. I absolutely know how you feel. After struggling to get pregnant, 4 days after a beautiful HPT reads BFP I find two lumps in my left breast. Both of my grandmothers died of breast cancer and immediately my mind went there. B/C I was pregnant they couldn't do a mamogram, so I had to have an ultrasound done... they found nothing. You could feel them, but couldn't see them, it was so amazingly frustrating and terrifing, to know something was there but to have the ultrasound tech look at me like an idiot. The lumps thankfully never progressed any further and the breast cancer specialist thinks they were probably just cysts that went away or clogged milk ducts. But I still go back to see her at least once a year.... you know just in case.
I'm so glad to hear that you worry is over and that they were just stupid painful cysts. : )
Post a Comment