I set up our CarePage over the weekend. It took me 3 hours to write the first post and to compose a mass email to people sharing the news. I'm glad that's over with!
You can go to CarePages and search for 'babypollard' to see our site. You can sign up for email alerts each time it is updated, or not, whichever you choose. I'm going to try to update it weekly until we leave for Boston - at which point I'm sure it will get updated much more regularly than that :)
I had a brief scare at the doctor on Friday. I am doing weekly bio-physical profiles, which are basically ultrasounds to check on the baby. You get a score out of 8. In order to pass, you have to get 8 out of 8. If you get less than that, you just bought yourself a non-stress test (NST) - which is where you get hooked up to the external monitors and sit while they monitor the baby's heartrate and activity level. If you don't pass that, then you get to be admitted to L&D for 'extended monitoring.'
All of this monitoring stresses me out greatly.
On Friday, baby girl was sleepy and we only got 6 out of 8 on the bio-physical. So it was onto the NST we went, where she continued to be pretty lazy and not move around a whole lot. The nurse came in after 30 minutes and told me they would be sending me down to L&D. I kinda lost it at that point. I asked for my doctor to come in, and when she did, I immediately started (loudly and frantically) complaining that I had already had about 5 different ultrasounds that week, including a very detailed echocardiogram, and that I was very sure my baby was just fine. Moreover, I could not deliver my baby today in L&D at my local hospital anyway, for she would definitely die. So what good would it do to send me down there to be monitored? If something is wrong with her, so be it. Something IS ALREADY wrong with her, and she needs to stay put for as long as possible!!
My doctor caught my drift. Fortunately, while we were sitting in the NST room talking things through, baby girl got a notion to wake up and I finally passed the test anyway.
I am now officially dreading these weekly tests. YUCK. I really do believe there is such a thing as too much monitoring!
On to week 32.....only 5 more weeks until Boston.
6 comments:
Oh, Maren! How stressful! I know you have it within you already, but I hope you're able to find a peaceful place of tenacity and strength within yourself. You are an amazing mom and this little one is lucky to have you as hers!
How scary! Glad that everything worked out and that your doctor seems very understanding.
Heading to check out your new CarePage now...
Hugs!
I couldn't get the CarePage link to work. When I searched "babypollard," it came up with a list of hotels, stores and hospitals, but nothing that looked personal. Is there a specific web address I can try? Thanks!
sorry Alana - I fixed it!
Oh sheesh! That is a lot of monitoring. Going to find your carepage now.
Just catching up on how you are doing...
I can only imagine what the last few weeks have been like for you, Steve, and Jenna. It sounds like you are surrounded by good, caring doctors and that Boston is the right place to be for the delivery.
Sending you warm thoughts and prayers...
Post a Comment