08 April 2011

4 more days...

...until I leave for Boston. 

When they first told me I had to be there at 37 weeks, I remember thinking that seemed really early.  Now that it's here, I'm VERY glad I'm leaving soon.  Not that I think labor is imminent or anything like that, but it'll be nice not to worry about it happening here in Kansas. 

This pregnancy has felt so different than my first.  I guess that's normal.  Jenna was breech the entire time, and her little head was always pressing up against my diaphragm.  She never dropped and her c-section was at 36 weeks and 4 days.  I had so much swelling with her, and my blood pressure was high for several weeks before she was born. Granted - it was late August in Kansas and 100 degrees every day.

This baby girl has been head down for awhile now, has definitely dropped some in the last week, and OMG the pressure!  Yikes!  Now I understand the 'waddling' that people always refer to in late pregnancy.  I know this is normal and doesn't mean anything is necessarily happening down there, but it's a new feeling for me.  And it just started within the last day or two.  I avoid walking when possible.

Did I mention I'm glad to be leaving in 4 days? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

M, bon voyage and many prayers for your health, your darling daughter's health and may the Lord guide the doctor's hands in all they do.

Tracy said...

have a safe and wonderful journey!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to it being so different the 2nd time around. Although my first was 9 years ago I never carried her low. But baby #2 has been VERY different, she has been low the entire time and it's such a strange feeling. Her kicks are starting to feel like violations!!! So happy to hear that Boston is so close. Praying for safe travels and that you will get to settle in and relax. We have been praying hard for you and will continue, I can't wait for pictures of your miracle baby girl!!! Best wishes!