13 February 2009

On Sisters

I'm back and finally online again.

How great are sisters! Seriously. I love all of mine so much and feel so fortunate to have one bio sister and 2 fabulous sister-in-laws. My biological sister is 2 years younger than me and while I won't lie and say we've always gotten along (there were about 10 years of hell between the ages of 6-16), I love her dearly. There is something so familiar, so comforting, so uniquely FUN about spending time with her as adults. She's turned into such a cool, hip chic. I'm so proud of her!

So - let me introduce you to my sister Tami:



I am constantly amazed at how much life she has lived in her short 30 years. She is a very talented violinist and majored in music in college. In high school, she played at Carnegie Hall! After our mom died, she decided to go to law school, where she got interested in environmental and animal law and was the Editor of the Animal Law Review. She currently works for the Humane Society of the Unites States as a lobbyist. She writes bills, finds sponsors and lobbies on behalf of animal rights all over the US. She ROCKS. She is vegan, shops 100% organically, recycles religiously, believes passionately and loves unconditionally. She also has OCD (the checking over-and-over kind), wants nothing more than to get married and have lots of babies despite there being no current prospects, is a lifelong therapy participant, and is still grieving our mother's death pretty significantly. Oh - did I mention she practices Shambhala Buddhism and is working on becoming some kind of important Warrior? There are so many layers of Tam. But most of all, she's my only sibling and I can't imagine life without her! I hate that we live so far away....

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

cute pic! YOu two look like sisters.

Alana said...

I SOOOO relate. My younger sister lives in Ohio, I hate being far. She is one of the only people in the world I'd fight tigers for...if I had to. :)