1. New Blogs
I've been enjoying reading some new blogs recently. I think I mentioned that I discovered The Stirrup Queen's Completely Anal List of Blogs... and added my own blog to the list under the Secondary Infertility category. This has prompted some new commentors (is that a word?) to my blog (thank you!) and given me hours upon days upon weeks of new reading material. I've only begun to scratch the tiniest bit of surface on the blogs that fall into my interest categories, i.e. Secondary Infertility, Adoption (General, Undecided, Foster or Non-US), Clotting and Immunology, Surrogacy, and Pregnancy Loss. There's always someone, somewhere, doing something, having some experience that is comparable to my own situation in some way. Which leads me to my next random thought...
2. Doing Something
I'm feeling the need. All this reading about all the things all the other people are doing to have babies has got my wheels turning again. Additionally, after the January Vitex Fiasco, my cycle has finally returned. I typically get antsy during menses - which is no doubt due to the months-too-numerous-to-count spent working out a new game plan in my head. Menses = new hope. Even after all this time. Even when I'm not sure exactly what I'm hoping for anymore. Amazing.
3. What I'm Doing
Like most control freaks, I am super good at "doing stuff" that I *can* do - even if it's only moderately related to the issue that is uncontrollable - to make my life feel manageable. Here is a brief list of things I am currently "doing" or about to "do":
*Go to the eye doctor tomorrow to discuss and hopefully schedule much-desired and highly-anticipated LASIK surgery.
*Made appointment with new lady naturopath in town, and completed requisite 10-page New Patient Intake Form.
*Went to dermatologist to get 2 moles removed and to verify that my mysterious spreading leg discoloration is not skin cancer in the rarest form (it isn't).
*Went to bi-annual dentist appointments for Jenna and myself.
(The above 4 appointments were scheduled to use up the $600+ remaining health care balance in our 2008 flexible spending account --- or at least thats partially the reason...cough. cough.)
*Continuing to exercise 3-4 times weekly in my ongiong effort to be bikini-ready by our late July trip to the Outer Banks. (Although my recently nightly brownie addiction is surely canceling out any progress I'm making in this area....)
*Reading great books -- most recently Virgin of the Small Plains, Luna, Baby Jesus Pawn Shop, and even a fairly decent Jodi Picoult novel Ninteen Minutes. Catch 22 is up next for my book club and I have to say I'm not looking forward to it. I'm a classics wimp.
*Ebaying J's spring/summer wardrobe from last year. If you have need for adorable 3T/4T girls clothing - check my auctions out here.
Like I said, I'm great a doing stuff.
Is it the right stuff?
Well, I hate the dentist, I'm terrified of eye surgery, my skin discoloration is still worrying me, and I'm tired of Ebay.... but I do love me a good book :)
7 comments:
Doing stuff is good. :) Now I want brownies.
Goes right along with my nightly ice cream habit. lol Do you have much luck with the ebay thing for J's clothes? I decided to try to sell Gabe's but ebay has always been a bust for me. Any advice?
The Outer Banks is AWESOME! We go camping in Frisco every summer and do plenty of day trips down there. It's a real laid back kind of place. We've talked about moving there but the commute back up here for work would be a PITA.
Cindy - Let's meet up!!
Heidi - yes, I've made lots of money selling her clothes for the past 3 years, but I'm tired of it. It's a lot of work, and J is so much harder on her clothes now than she was when she was younger, that lots of them I end up giving away rather than selling. Tips: Only sell name brands on Ebay (gymboree, janie and jack, gap, boutique stuff), sell seasonally (sell now for spring/summer), take lots of pics, use a gallery pic and list a lot of stuff at once starting at $0.99 and hope for the best!
Nice Ebay pointers. I have rubbermaids full of Em's outgrown clothes stored in our garage...in the hopes that maybe someday Kid#2 will need them. I was just talking to DH about going through and selling all but my favorites. I'll have to try Ebay. (I've bought many Ebay items before, but have never sold any.)
And I may be biased as a reading teacher, but READING is great! (Reading with a brownie, even better! Lol.)
Too funny! Keeping yourself busy with the dentist?? Impressive.
It is great hearing about you. Sounds like a nice website for making connections.
Post a Comment