08 July 2010

Updates all around

Sheesh - I don't know how it's been 3 weeks already! I titled this post almost a week ago and am just now sitting down to write it. I'm trying to work on my blog layout a bit too...so excuse the weirdness if you happen to stumble upon this mid-fix!

What a wonderful couple of weeks it's been at our home. I am in SUCH a better place. I'm sure it's a combination of the Celexa, the incredible acupuncture I've been getting weekly, and the fact that all of my breast cysts have now been aspirated and I am pain free for the first time in 2 months. I love my surgeon - she is so reassuring. I'm sure I'll be seeing her more in the future, as it seems these breasts cysts will probably come and go for me over the years, so I sure am glad I found someone I like.

Rather than write a big narrative, I thought I'd share some pics to tell the story of what we've been up to this summer. I'm taking a photography class, so I've been toting my awesome Nikon D5000 around with me more than usual. I am still learning, and am nowhere near the creative genius I keep hoping I'll become, but my photos have improved ten-fold already! I hope you enjoy :)

We spent Memorial Day weekend looking out our cabin window at this beautiful view every morning for 4 days.
Photobucket

The rest of the days, we spent playing with these three cousin cuties:
Photobucket

Jenna used to have the exact same color eyes as my nephew Evan when she was his age. Look how gray hers have gotten over the years!
Photobucket

We've been spending LOTS of time lake-side while J perfects her tubing skills:
Photobucket

We said goodbye to some friends and celebrated their move with a summer pool party:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Summer!

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

What great pictures! I love the jumping one!

Heidi said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you're in a better place. The wonders of pharmaceuticals are amazing! lol I'm enjoying them myself.

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICTURES!!!! I really love the last picture of the kids in the pool, that is fantastic!