25 June 2007

IVF prep begins...

As of about 2 hours ago, I've officially starting along the IVF path. I had my mandatory saline sonogram and mock embryo transfer with Dr. G this morning at 10:45am. I was pretty nervous driving down there, remembering my first saline sonogram experience almost one year ago with Dr. Estrin. It was the most painful procedure I've ever had. Truly AWFUL. In fact, it was after that procedure that I decided to switch to the specialist. Not only did she do a botch job getting the catheter in, her exact words while looking around in my uterus was "well, it does look a little irregular - but I don't think it's anything to worry about." Yeah, right. Maybe SHE won't worry about it, but it's not her fucking uterus!! I was worrying myself sick about it - and after that comment, I took myself and my irregular uterus and walked right out the door.

And I am glad I did! My saline sono this morning was a completely different experience. Hardly any pain at all and everything looked normal - HOORAY! The mock transfer went fine, too. I have complete faith in Dr. G and am confident he knows exactly what he's doing. Soooo refreshing.....

So - one procedure down. Now I get to wait around for my next cycle to start before calling the clinic and starting suppression. I'm pretty worried about taking bcps because I'm afraid of over-suppression, but I'm trying to remind myself that Dr. G knows what he's doing and he really did recommend this protocol for my body. I've already responded well to low dosages of the drugs, so there is no reason to believe I won't continue to respond well.

I'm feeling pretty positive today. I think this is going to work!!

No comments: