05 September 2007

Oh how the time drags waiting for ultrasounds...

Less than 48 hours until my next shot at seeing if anything is going on inside my ovaries - but the time can't move any slower.

I waffle between being sure this cycle is a bust and feeling like I should keep the hope alive that my ovaries will kick into gear. I should be listening to my Anji CD like crazy, but of course, it's times like these when it's hard to do what you need to do.

I have been reading a lot online about Lupron oversupression and other protocols that women try afterward. It seems to be a fairly common occurence and some doctors feel that women don't need BCPs or Lupron at all. (which is what my intuition was telling me all along, but I tried to reassure myself that doctor knows best).

The good news (well, possible good news) is that Steve thinks we should definitely try again if we get cancelled on Friday. I was a little afraid he'd want to throw in the towel. And the other good news is that we've already paid for the retrieval and transfer costs, so it won't cost us that much more to try again with another protocol. That is, if Dr. G will allow that.

There I go, getting ahead of myself again. I need to just be in the present, today, Wednesday, and focus on today. This is so hard.

No comments: